Nobody dies of Rheumatoid Arthritis but of illnesses that are induced by Rheumatoid Arthritis through the compromised immunity of the body.
It is a silent non communicable disease not talked about much and not listed as a major NCD. It mostly afflicts women leading to challenging mental states and responses.
I am, a woman, one of the 5 million persons, in India, who are Rheumatoid Arthritis Sufferer- Survivor (RASS).
I think that a severe deep personal trauma, the long hours of work with indifferent diet and responsibilities were the triggers of the RA that must have been dormant in my system.
- Make sure you work to reduce your stress...
- Make sure you do some sort of workout/ exercise...
- Make sure you reduce the 'whites' in your diet....
- White flour sugar, common table salt, sugar, synthetic milk...
- Instead have the greens, yellows, reds and browns
- Nuts and crunchy leaves and seeds
- The spices on your kitchen shelves
- Cinnamon coriander cardamom cumin fennel oregano black pepper curry leaves basil leaves mint leaves...
- Coconut water cucumber juice spinach juice
- Lots of fluids...
- Get fresh air
- Be happy
- Try to chill even on a bad day
- Watch a movie
- Go out
- Be informed about your treatment and medication
- Talk to your treating physician
- Remember there are more than one systems that can treat RA
- A combination often works.
- Keep warm and dry.
- Switch on the A.C. 30 mins before you hit the bed
- Switch it off when you hit the bed...
- You will wake up with reduced stiffness.
- Plan challenges that will make you work on reducing the pain and discomfort...
- Meditate, walk in nature, make a small garden of few pots, do clay work ...all this will give you positive energy...
- Get up....don't wait for someone to give you the glass of water
- RA can be managed and it will not take over your life.
- To all of you who like this page....
- From a recovered cripple moving beyond boundaries.
- Much love.
Join our Networks
Nada India NCD prevention Network
Young India Network for Good Health